Week 2

I am excited about new technology designed to improve the safety and efficiency of our lives.  I hope to explore new, innovative ideas surrounding this basis with my team and to speaking with patent owners of interest soon.

As a civil engineering major focusing on transportation, I hope to work with people with similar passions in designing transportation-based systems to better society.  Nevertheless, I am open to other ideas as well!  I hope to work with a diverse team that could bring multiple perspectives to the table and those who are passionate about transforming our ideas into reality.

Comments

  1. Hi Jannette, I'm a cogsci major/cs minor, but I've always been interested in transportation management and systems. I'm originally from SF, so I've always thought about how transportation systems could be more efficient. It seems like a pretty difficult topic considering all the factors you would have to design around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie and Janette,

    I completely agree with your opinion in terms of all the factors that you have to consider. I discovered some of these factors when I tried launching an app that would function pretty much like the AC Transit App but for Buses in Mexico, it was really difficult because in Mexico City you don't have an infraestructure nor a schedule that tells you when the next bus is coming, so people just wait. We tried to put a system that operates with this but it was pretty hard to navigate this ecosystem. I am really interested in developing an idea with transportation in the developing world, as social entrepreneruship has been on of my passions. I'd love to know more about the way you are when you work with people Janette in order to get to know you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shantidevi,

      I would love to speak more about this with you if possible!

      Delete
  3. Working at Uber last summer, transportation is such an interesting and exciting topic. Public Transportation in the bay area is terrible and with new technology today there must be ways to improve on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jannette,

    I am a CS/Stats major and I agree that infrastructure for transportation is a huge problem and furthering technology especially in areas of high transportation use (SF and such) would greatly benefit those who live there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jannette, I am a Civil Engineering major with an interest in Smart Cities and sustainability. Would be lovely to explore transportation in greater depth and the possible innovations that could bring about significant impact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also interested in safety technology, specifically the importance of sensor technology development. Very useful for operations & efficiency, but also has the potential for safety and health.

    I created my own major combining economics, sociology, business, IEOR, City & Regional Planning. I have work experience in marketing, business development, web design, and operations management.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very interested in how technology is able to improve the efficiency in our lives, especially one through transportation. Coming from a country with an abundance of people but not enough transport, I wonder how the world of technology can aid in providing safe, sanitary and efficient transportation for the under-privileged masses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janette! I'm really interested in improving transportation technology as well, although less certain about how to implement it. Since I work part-time in SF, I experience how terribly congested the BART gets during rush hours. I hear that traffic and public transportation is even worse in LA, and I imagine that there would be a similar issue all over the world. I really admire the engineers who help improve transportation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment